BECOME A CHAMPION FOR EDUCATION
Join our College & Career Readiness Coaching Team
Thank you for your interest in joining Scholar Career Coaching Mentoring Program. We are recruiting VOLUNTEER college & career readiness coaches to mentor palm beach county students who are enrolled in our mentoring program Remotely during the academic year of 2020-2021 (October – May). If you are a working professional, retiree, or graduate student, you are encouraged to apply.
Scholar CC provides college and career services to South Florida high school college-bound students in Title I high schools, with a focus on ESL (English as a Second Language) students. While our focus is on ESL, we welcome all interested high school students. Our curriculum emphasis on career planning, college readiness, financial literacy, and soft skills.
We provide complimentary mentoring and SAT tutoring services to high school students in grade 11th – 12th. The program is designed to give students the opportunity to interact with passionate mentors who share similar academic and career interests. In addition, we bring outside presenters and motivational speakers to share their stories and to provide resources to our students.
- COMMITTED SENIORS IN THE MENTORING PROGRAM ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR OUR ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP!
- Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Mentors must follow our curriculum and assist students with variety of activities. Curriculum activities includes: Resume/cover letter writing, learning dress code, mock interview prep, exploring college and career options, how to budget for college, finding and applying for scholarships, SAT/ACT/College admission financial assistance, reviewing scholarship essays and other academic needs.
- *Must be over age 21.
- *Must reside in South Florida.
- *Must pass a County, State, and Federal Criminal Checks.
- *Must be sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural backgrounds.
- *Must enjoy working with students.
- *Must be a working professional, graduate student, or retiree.
- *Must have the ability to communicate with students openly and without judgment.
- Time Commitment/Mentoring Schedule:
- *Must serve as a committed and consistent mentor throughout school academic year.
- *Volunteers are needed the entire academic school year .
- *Must be able to commit to mentoring program schedule.
- Steps to Begin Mentoring:
- *Complete online application
- *Provide personal references
- *Informational interview
- *Complete and pass background check
- *Complete mentor training
- *Sign all required documents
- *Register at assigned school mentoring site as a volunteer to satisfy the required background check (not required for online mentoring)
Interested in mentoring remotely? Do you reside in South Florida? If so, please complete the application below for consideration.
Once you are approved to join the mentoring program, you will then have access to “My Scholar CC Portal” on the APP Store. If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com.