Thank you for your interest in joining Scholar Career Coaching College & Career Readiness Mentoring Program. We are recruiting VOLUNTEERS to MENTOR palm beach county students who will be enrolled in Scholar CC mentoring program during the academic year of 2021-2022 (September/October – April/May). If you are a Professional or Graduate Student, we need you in our volunteer team.
Scholar CC provides college and career services to South Florida high school college-bound students in Title I high schools in grade 11th-12th, with a focus on ESL (English as a Second Language) students. While our focus is on ESL, we welcome all interested college-bound students. Our curriculum emphasis on career planning, college readiness, financial literacy, and soft skills.
Our complimentary services include academic mentoring & coaching, scholarship assistance, standardized testing waivers, and comprehensive ACT/SAT Tutoring opportunities. The program is designed to give students the opportunity to interact with passionate mentors who share similar academic and career interests and motivate them to pursue an education beyond high school. In addition, we bring outside presenters and motivational speakers to share their stories and to provide resources to our students.
COMMITTED SENIORS IN THE MENTORING PROGRAM ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR OUR ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP!
- *Must be over age 21.
- *Must reside in Palm Beach or Broward County.
- *Must pass a County, State, and Federal Criminal Checks.
- *Must be sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural backgrounds.
- *Must enjoy working with students.
- *Must be a professional or graduate student.
- *Must have the ability to communicate with students openly and without judgment.