Thank you for your interest in joining Scholar Career Coaching After School Mentoring Program. Founded in December 2012, Scholar Career Coaching mentoring program assists high school students in grade 9th-12th, with a focus on ESL (English as a Second Language) students in Title I schools. Our 9 months curriculum (September-May) emphasis on career planning, college readiness, soft skills, and scholarships.
In addition, we bring outside presenters, motivational and informational speakers who share their stories and provide inspiration and useful information and resources to our students.
- Atlantic High School
- Boynton Beach High School
- Santaluces High school
The mentoring program is open to all students and they do not have to be an ESL student to participate. We are always accepting applications for volunteer mentors. If you are a graduate/college student, working professional or retiree, you are welcome to apply.
The program is designed to give students the opportunity to interact with passionate mentors who share similar academic and career interests. The program is held every other Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s during the school year and lasts approximately 2 hours immediately after school (3:00 pm – 5:00 pm).
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Mentors must follow our curriculum and assist students with variety of activities.
- Curriculum Activities includes resume/cover letter writing, learning dress code, mock interview simulations, exploring college and career options, how to budget for college, finding and applying for scholarships, reviewing scholarship essays and other academic needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be over age 21.
- Must pass a County, State, and Federal Criminal Checks.
- Must be sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural backgrounds.
- Must enjoy working with students.
- Must live in Palm Beach or Broward County.
- Must be a working professional, graduate/college student or a retiree.
- Must have the ability to communicate with students openly and without judgment.
- Must serve as a committed and consistent mentor throughout school academic year.
- Volunteers are needed preferably an entire school year (9 month period).
- Must be able to volunteer every other Tuesday’s or Wednesday’s at 3:00pm-5: 00pm.