Thank you for your interest in Scholar Career Coaching After School Mentoring Program at Atlantic . Scholar Career Coaching provides a free after school-based mentoring program to students in grades 9th -12th. The program is designed to give students the opportunity to interact one-on-one with passionate working professionals, college students, graduate students, and retirees whom share similar academic and career interests. The program is held every other Thursday during the school year and lasts approximately 2 hours immediately after school (from 3:00pm – 5:00pm).
- Students can signup at Atlantic High in Room 6-107 (Ms. Loulis classroom)
How it Works:
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with homework, resume building, cover letter, SAT, ACT, job application, college application, selecting college/university to attend, finding scholarships, and other academic needs.
- Aide students in developing study skills and test taking strategies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must serve as a consistent mentor for an assigned student throughout the semester.
- Must be able to volunteer every other Thursdays at 3:00-5:00pm.
- Must be over age 21.
- Must live in South Florida.
- Must be a working professional, graduate, college student or retiree.
- Must have the ability to communicate with students openly and without judgment.
- Must be sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural backgrounds.
- Must be willing to pay $15 to Intellicorp.net to process background check.
- Must pass a criminal background check