Atlantic High & Boynton Beach High School
Thank you for your interest in Scholar Career Coaching After School Mentoring Program at Atlantic High and Boynton Beach High. We are recruiting volunteer mentors to serve the students in our mentoring program from September 2017-May 2018. If you are a college student, graduate student, working professional or retiree, feel free to apply.
We provide free mentoring services to students in grades 9th -12th. The program is designed to give students the opportunity to interact with passionate mentors who share similar academic and career interests. The program is held every other Wednesday’s during the school year and lasts approximately 2 hours immediately after school (from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm).
- Students can signup at Atlantic High in Room 6-107 (Ms. Loulis classroom)
- Students can signup at Boynton High in Room 5-126 (Ms.Williamson/Ms. Grocki classroom)
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Mentors will follow our curriculum and assist the students with career planning, college readiness, financial literacy and life skills.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must serve as a committed and consistent mentor throughout the semester.
- Must be able to volunteer every other Wednesdays at 3:00-5:00 pm.
- Must be over age 21.
- Must live in South Florida.
- Must be a working professional, graduate, college student or retiree.
- Must have the ability to communicate with students openly and without judgment.
- Must be sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural backgrounds.
- Must undergo and pass a criminal background check through Intellicorp.net