Atlantic High & Boynton High School After-School Mentoring
Thank you for your interest in joining Scholar Career Coaching (ScholarCC) After School Mentoring Program at either Atlantic High or Boynton Beach High. Founded in December 2012, ScholarCC assist high school students, with a focus on ESL in Title I schools. Our curriculum emphasis on career planning, college readiness, financial literacy and life skills. We target juniors and seniors; however, freshmen and sophomores are welcome to participate in the program.
We partnered with AVID at both schools since 2014. Although we partnered with AVID, the program is open to all students attending ATL or Boynton and they do not have to be an ESL student to participate. We are always accepting application for volunteer mentors. If you are a graduate/college student, working professional or retiree, feel free to apply.
The program is designed to give students the opportunity to interact with passionate mentors who share similar academic and career interests. The program is held every other Wednesday’s during the school year and lasts approximately 2 hours immediately after school (from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm).
- Students can sign up at Atlantic High in Ms. Loulis classroom, Room 6-107
- Students can sign up at Boynton High in Ms. Williamson classroom, Room 5-126
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- The Mentors will follow our curriculum and assist our students with career planning, college readiness, financial literacy and life skills.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must serve as a committed and consistent mentor throughout the semester.
- Must be able to volunteer every other Wednesdays at 3:00-5:00 pm.
- Must be over age 21.
- Must live in South Florida.
- Must be a working professional, graduate, college student or retiree.
- Must have the ability to communicate with students openly and without judgment.
- Must be sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural backgrounds.
- Must undergo and pass a criminal background check through Intellicorp.net