Atlantic High & Boynton Beach High School
Thank you for your interest in Scholar Career Coaching After School Mentoring Program at Atlantic High and Boynton Beach High. We are recruiting for volunteer mentors to serve our after school mentoring program at Atlantic High & Boynton High from September 2017-May 2018. If you are a college student, graduate student, working professional or retiree, we believe you have some tips and insights to share with our students.
Scholar Career Coaching provides free after school-based mentoring program to students in grades 9th -12th. The program is designed to give students the opportunity to interact one-on-one with passionate working professionals, college students, graduate students, and retirees whom share similar academic and career interests. The program is held every Wednesday during the school year and lasts approximately 2 hours immediately after school (from 3:00pm – 5:00pm).
- Students can signup at Atlantic High in Room 6-107 (Ms. Loulis classroom)
- Students can signup at Boyton Beach High in Room TBA (Ms. Geri Grocki)
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist with homework, resume building, cover letter, SAT, ACT, job application, college application, selecting college/university to attend, finding scholarships, and/or other academic needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must serve as a committed and consistent mentor throughout the semester.
- Must be able to volunteer every other Wednesdays at 3:00-5:00pm.
- Must be over age 21.
- Must live in South Florida.
- Must be a working professional, graduate, college student or retiree.
- Must have the ability to communicate with students openly and without judgment.
- Must be sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural backgrounds.
- Must undergo a criminal background check through Intellicorp.net and pass.